Formal Party Planning Tips
School’s out for Summer, but you can’t stop thinking about next year’s formal. This year was EPIC, and we know you want to top it. Planning can be overwhelming, but Formal Builder is here to make it a breeze. Avoid the stress and follow these steps to help you plan next year’s excellent formal.
- Venue Our “Most Powerful Formal Planning Tool Ever” has that covered. Enter the location, number of attendees, and event date, and we’ll handle the rest. Once presented with venue options, you and your team can vote on which venue they like best.
- Invitations When choosing the number of invitations, be mindful of how many people the event space can hold. Include all caterers, servers, security, DJ, and band members in this number. A party overcapacity is a dangerous party.
- RSVP Ticket purchases are an automatic RSVP. If tickets are not a requirement, leave a number or email address on invitations for all questions and RSVPs.
- Food For an event this big you’re going to want a caterer. Use our planning tool and choose from gourmet appetizers, a pasta buffet, 3-course chicken dinners, or 3-course steak dinners. If you select a different caterer, don’t forget to include vegan and vegetarian options.
- Transportation Safety is our top priority. Some venues allow the serving of alcoholic beverages to attendees 21 & up. Avoid alcohol-related incidents and let us transport you. You have the option to charter a bus and get your groups to and from safely.
- Décor Elegant, simple, and beautiful. Choose a color scheme that’s not too loud or distracting. Tablecloths, runners, and centerpieces should help you stay within budget.
- Entertainment Our planning tool also provides an option for a DJ. We will find a DJ near the party location that will keep your party rockin’! If you would like to use a band, let us know so we can confirm that your venue can accommodate.
Formal Builder, the #1 Greek travel site, makes planning easy. From Greek fraternity and sorority events, alumni parties, and school formals, we will take care of your needs. We allow you to receive per person pricing, to cast your votes on venues, and the convenience of payment splitting. If you choose not to use the builder, send us all the details, and we will respond with a FREE proposal. The only thing you will have to worry about is showing up, setting up decor, and having the time of your life.